Full Day Jeep Tour from Protaras, Ayia Napa, Larnaca & Limassol Here is a chance to travel into the Troodos Mountains to see and experience some of Cyprus’ wildest landscapes and the most holy religious monument in Cyprus, Kykkos Monastery. This journey will last all day and bring you through vineyards, pine forests and traditional mountain villages. We will reach elevations of nearly 2000m!
*All Excursions are subject to total of participants and weather conditions.
Full Day Jeep Tour from Protaras, Ayia Napa, Larnaca & Limassol
Here are some of the main highlights:
• Omodos Village: This is the main village in the Limassol Wine growing area. Stroll around the cobbled streets or relax and try a ‘Cyprus’ coffee in the kafenion. Alternatively, you may visit the Monastery of the Holy Cross,established by Saint Helena in year 327 ac.
· Into the Wild: We head off-road into the wilderness welcoming the myriad of dirt tracks and stream bed sections that bring us closer and closer to the forest. Along the way, we see ancient Gelefos Stone Bridge built by the Venetians, native copper deposits and countryside seldom visited by the average tourist.
· Kykkos Monastery: A “must-see” attraction in the middle of the forest, Kykkos is by far the largest and most important monastery on the island, indeed one of the most prominent monasteries in the entire eastern Orthodox world. Contained within the complex is the highly prized and most holy icon of the Panayia Kykkotissa, painted by St Luke.
· Don’t forget Lunch: Included in this adventure package is an extremely memorable lunch featuring an array of freshly prepared local dishes including vegetarian options. Wine, water and lemonade are served complimentary in this all-inclusive meal in a mountain village taverna.
· Waterfall: We continue through pine forests as we make our way to Cyprus’ most fantastic natural wonder, a 20m waterfall with ice cold mountain water cascading down a rocky cliff. This paradise like spot, with its lush vegetation and cool spring waters, will relax both your body and soul.
Don’t forget to bring your cameras for amazing and unforgettable photos
Limassol Area - 09:00 (until the end of March)
Limassol Area - 08.30 (From April until end of October 2020)